Originally built in 1917, the 84-year old Camp Randall Stadium underwent a four-year renovation begun in December of 2001. The $109.5 million renovation concluded with the opening of the 2005 football season.
Among the many changes included in the renovation were a new seating capacity of 80,321 (from 76,129), the addition of east-side premium seating super structure that includes 72 suites, 337 club seats and 590 varsity indoor seats; and a wider third level concourse that extends around the north end to the west side of the stadium.
Other major aspects include construction of the five-floor Kellner Hall office building, the Athletic Operations Building, the football offices, the McGinnis Family Athletic Ticket Office, new visiting team lockers, the Camp Randall Media Room, and renovations and upgrades to the press box that include an external relations area for use by other groups on campus.
Wisconsin Athletics thank all those who have helped make the Camp Randall Stadium Renovation possible, and especially the donors who made gifts in support of this project listed here.